Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44(0)20 7882 8578Room Number: Bancroft Building, 4,22
Providing expert leadership for the management of the School’s financial position at a strategic level by managing the financial activity, approving spend, maintaining and reporting on actual expenditure against set budgets, preparing financial analyses and reports for management, strategizing with management to set annual budgets in line with School priorities, liaising with colleagues in the Central Finance Department.
- Ensures the School follows the university financial directives, policies and procedures in the conduct of the financial business of the School.
- Proactively ensures that any internal school staff who work with the university financial systems or who have financial responsibility of any sort are doing so to the quality standard expected by the School/university and ensuring best practice.
- Working closely with Faculty, Head of School, Head of Administration and Senior Management in identifying strategic objectives and priorities, as well assisting during the annual planning and accountability review (PAR) to identify priorities and plan cases.
- Regularly reviews the effectiveness of the School’s financial structures and working practices and recommend improvement as needed.
- Recognised as the School’s point of expertise for financial policy and process advice.
- Responsible for all internal financial procedures and reports.
- Monitoring all school budgets and research accounts and ensure there is no overspend.
- Working with and advising relevant staff in setting and monitoring internal budgets for the School, reporting to the Head of Administration.
- To support, train and advise academic and administrative staff on financial matters as.
- Delivers expert financial management, meeting quality service standards.
- Organise and maintain effective financial systems, including proactively managing the annual cycle of financial tasks in accordance with School, university, external and statutory requirements.
- Ensures the School’s working knowledge of relevant university policies, consulting and advising staff at all levels in the School as appropriate.
- Proactively maintain, enhance and update knowledge of financial systems and accounting methods required for funding.
- Monitor and advising all School staff (both academic and admin) who hold budget responsibility, purchase card use, Agresso access, etc., with regard to best practice and financial protocols and responsibilities.