Dr Ni Peng
Lecturer in Finance
Email: email@example.comTelephone: +44 (0)20 7882 8413Room Number: Room 4.19, Bancroft Building, Mile End Campus
Student drop-in and feedback hours
PhD Admissions Tutor
Dr Ni Peng is a Lecturer in Finance at Queen Mary, University of London. She holds a PhD in accounting and finance, together with an MBA from the University of Manchester (Manchester Business School). Her research interests are mainly in the area of empirical corporate finance (with a particular focus on M&A, and other corporate restructurings), corporate social responsibility, and corporate governance. In particular, her recent research works explore the motives for mergers and acquisitions, and the efficiency of antitrust intervention. Before joining Queen Mary University of London, she has taught or been involved in finance courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, including executive training programmes at the University of Manchester. Ni has over five years of industry experience at one of the largest Chinese financial conglomerates before starting academic career, and she is a Certified Management Accountant (CMA).
- Empirical Corporate Finance
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Restructurings
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Corporate Governance
- “Market Power in Horizontal Mergers: Evidence from Wealth Transfer between Merging Firms and Their Customers” (with Ning Gao and Norman Strong)
2015 Paris Financial Management Conference, December 2015, Paris, France;
Paris December 2015 Finance Meeting, December 2015, Paris, France;
EFMA 2016 Annual Meeting, June 2016, Basel, Switzerland;
FMA 2016 Annual Meeting, October 2016, Las Vegas, US.
- “What Determines Horizontal Merger Antitrust Case Selection?” (with Ning Gao and Norman Strong)
9th Annual London Business Research Conference, August 2014, London, UK.
- “Product Similarity and the Motives for Related Mergers” (with Ning Gao and Norman Strong)
Other Invited Research Presentations:
4th Annual Corporate Finance Conference, September 2015, Manchester, UK (discussant).